Our organisation is made up of residents who live in Braybrook and Maidstone and surounding areas and are committed to listening to and representing local people.We believe residents should have a strong say in decisions that are made about their community. We work with partner organisations to harness available resources and support initiatives that strengthen the community.Together we are building a community to be proud of.
How you can join in!
To find out more, follow one of the above links,drop in to the house, or contact us at email@example.com or 9317 5610.
Our statement of purpose
The BMNH is a non-profit and charitable institution. The central purpose of the BMNH is to provide direct relief from poverty, misfortune and helplessness to the residents of the Braybrook and Maidstone through the services it provides.
Braybrook and Maidstone are routinely ranked amongst the most socio-economically disadvantaged areas in Victoria. The BMNH is centrally focused on the direct provision of services which relieve the severe disadvantage and alleviate the poverty, misfortune and helplessness with which its members are burdened.
The Braybrook and Maidstone Neighbourhood house shall provide a free legal advice service, in conjunction with the Footscray Community Legal Service Inc. This legal service is directly focused on helping needy and underprivileged residents of Braybrook to handle their legal affairs and in doing so alleviate the effects of poverty and helplessness.
Through the Employment and Learning Service, the Braybrook and Maidstone Neighbourhood House provides assistance to unemployed people in situations of poverty and helplessness to become more self-reliant during periods of unemployment and to develop their capacities in obtaining employment.
Braybrook and Maidstone Neighbourhood House will:
- Work to provide access to notions of equality and racial justice to all individuals, through life long learning opportunities in the community.
- Work to encourage and expand the personal awareness of capabilities and opportunities for their members and users.
- Endeavour to identify and to respond to social justice needs within the community.
- Provide an open and caring environment where individuals and groups can explore and achieve their full potential.
- Work to help people recognise and respect the diverse cultural and educational backgrounds of the community.
- Work to help public tenants in the area integrate with other members of the community.
Furthermore, in Braybrook and Maidstone Neighbourhood House believes that all individuals have a right to enrich their own lives, through access to social, community and educational interaction.
To provide an active role in defining and achieving a vision for a better community in the Braybrook and Maidstone Neighbourhood.
- To contribute to the research and identification of community needs, interests and aspirations in the Braybrook and Maidstone Neighbourhood and facilitate the voice of the Neighbourhood.
- To develop and support initiatives, and harness available resources, in response to expressed needs affecting community life in the Braybrook and Maidstone Neighbourhood.
- To liaise with and offer support to other community initiatives that are consistent with the purpose of the Association.